Member for Narungga Fraser Ellis MP is pleased to announce Moonta Area School is to receive a $4 million upgrade to its facilities.
The plans include three new buildings and refurbishment of existing facilities:
- A new year 7 building with general learning areas, withdrawal spaces, breakout spaces and amenities
- A new specialist building with art, language learning areas, teacher preparation and storage, as well as a special education annex including a classroom, withdrawal spaces, amenities and a secure outdoor area
- A new home economics and canteen building
- Refurbishment of the technical studies building
- Appropriate disability access to facilities
- Demolition of ageing infrastructure
“This is exciting news for Moonta Area School, its broader community, and the growing Copper Coast region as a whole”, Mr Ellis said.
“These works are part of a record $1.3 billion investment in education capital improvements by the Marshall Liberal Government, with approximately 100 schools across the state to receive upgrades and three new schools to be constructed.
“The Moonta $4 million project is expected to be completed by late next year.”