As students go back to school today, we can all be proud of the way we have worked together in the fight against COVID-19 enabling a return to normal for schools across the state.
For term three, the following activities are now able to occur in schools:
- School assemblies
- Intrastate camps and excursions
- School sport competitions, sports days and carnivals and inter-school competitions
- School formals and socials
- Class photos; and
- Playgroups and occasional care.
Parents, volunteers and service providers are also able to enter school and preschool grounds providing health advice is followed.
Term 3 will also see further progress made on the Marshall Government’s record $1.3 billion education capital works program, with 27 upgrades and three new school builds already under construction and many more set to begin this term.
The Marshall Liberal Government is also:
- Transitioning Year 7 into high school by 2022, with three schools already piloting the transition
- Connecting every public school in SA to high speed internet
- Delivering $20,000 for every government preschool in SA, as part of a $7.6m stimulus
- Fast tracking $25m of maintenance work at 116 schools
SACE completion is also at a 9-year high with over 15,000 students completing their SACE in 2019 and South Australia has become the first state to implement the year one phonics check, improving literacy outcomes for our students.
I look forward to continuing to deliver better education facilities and outcomes for students in our local area.
(Pictured, Minister for Education the Hon. John Gardner MP, with Fraser)