Community Heritage Grants of up to $15,000 are available to assist in preserving Australian cultural heritage collections that are publicly accessible, locally held and nationally significant.
Not-for-profit organisations, such as historical societies, regional museums, archives, galleries, public libraries and Indigenous and migrant community groups are encouraged to apply.
A wide range of activities may qualify for grants, including:
- significance assessments of collections
- preservation needs assessments of collections
- purchase of archival quality storage materials
- preservation training projects
- conservation activities, including cleaning, treatment or rebinding
- purchase and installation of environmental control and monitoring equipment
- copying of material once originals have been preserved
- cataloguing or collection management software
Applicants should carefully read the 2020 Community Heritage Grants Program guidelines before submitting an application.
Guidelines and the Application Form are available at nla.gov.au/chg/guidelines
Applications for the 2020 Community Heritage Grants program are now open, and will close 5 pm, Monday 4 May.
For further information contact:
Coordinator, Community Heritage Grants
National Library of Australia
02 6262 1147