A new jointly funded package from the Australian and South Australian Governments will give local small and medium tourism and hospitality related businesses impacted by ongoing trading restrictions and border closures, further financial support.
The COVID-19 Tourism and Hospitality Support Grant and COVID-19 Business Hardship Grant programs will deliver about an extra $15 million in support to an estimated 3,500 local businesses.
Further support for South Australian businesses
The new package for eligible businesses includes:
COVID-19 Tourism and Hospitality Support Grant
• $3,000 grant for employing businesses with turnover less than $2 million
• $7,000 grant for employing businesses with turnover of greater than $2 million
• $17,000 grant for employing businesses with turnover of greater than $5 million
• $1,000 grant for non-employing businesses
COVID-19 Business Hardship Grant
• $6,000 grant for employing businesses with annual payrolls below $10 million
• $2,000 grant for non-employing businesses who have experienced a minimum 50 per cent reduction in turnover over the eligible period and haven’t been eligible for previous business grant support since July 2021.
For more information about the grants and eligibility, visit the Department of Treasury and Finance website.