The State Government today opened its new SA Heritage Grants Program.
The $500,000 budget for the program will be divided into two rounds of $250,000, and the closing date for applications is 15 March 2019.
The SA Heritage Grants Program has been set up to help conserve and activate heritage places and areas, and to support heritage trades.
If you own a State heritage Place or a place in a State Heritage Area and are planning a conservation project that will help to conserve or protect significant fabric or heritage values, you may be eligible to receive a SA heritage grant.
Eligible projects include works that:
- Conserve significant building fabric
- Protect the heritage value of the building or structure
- Ensure the structural integrity of a building or structure
- Document proposed conservation works (e.g conservation management plans, dilapidation studies, development application drawings)
- Reinstate or protect significant characteristics of a State heritage Area (e.g shopfronts, verandahs)
Other considerations may include projects that contribute to:
- the community - works with 'public good' component
- heritage tourism - works that will result in increased visitation of a Place or Area
- heritage trades and training - works that use traditional trades and skills and/or support specialised training
- adaptive reuse - conservation works that support compatible new uses or continued use of a Place
- places at risk - works to prevent further deterioration and conserve fabric at risk
- remove and very remote places - works that support the regions
Applications can be submitted online from 15 January 2019 until 15 March 2019.
There are three categories of funding: Simple (up to $5,000), Complex (up to $10,000) and Major (up to $20,000), with funding to be match dollar for dollar. This means your heritage grant will pay no more than 50% of the costs of conservation works or documentation, however in some cases in-kind labour and materials may be recognised as part of the matching contribution.
Applications will be assessed by a Heritage Grants Assessment Panel, and can be made at https://gmsportal.environment.sa.gov.au
For assistant contact phone Heritage SA on 8124 4960 or email [email protected]
There will be a second funding round called in April 2019 for commencement from July 2019.
For a fact sheet and application guide please visit: https://www.environment.sa.gov.au/topics/heritage/heritage-grants