Five of the 13 successful projects announced in the latest round of State Government Regional Coastal Protection Grants are in the Narungga electorate.
"I am very pleased the Narungga electorate has secured $388,000 of the allocated $1.2 million in the latest round of Regional Coastal Protection Grants, for five projects across the Yorke Peninsula, Copper Coast, Barunga West and Adelaide Plains council areas", Member for Narungga Fraser Ellis said.
"These projects all address erosion risks and hazards and are vital to protect our precious coastlines.
"I commend all councils successful in gaining funding in this latest round on their dedication to ensuring our coastlines are protected and maintained for public safety and the enjoyment of future generations.
"Our local beaches are prized community assets -- environmentally, socially, and economically as key features of our region -- and the allocation of a third of available funding to Narungga electorate is justified recognition of their importance locally, and to the State as a whole."
List of successful local projects
- Design of coastal defence structures (Yorke Peninsula Council, $55,000 grant towards a $92,345 project)
- Foul Bay - review of hazards and adaptation options (Yorke Peninsula Council, $20,000 towards a $32,628 project)
- Moonta Bay foreshore rock armouring (Copper Coast Council, $208,000 grant towards a $417,572 project)
- Port Broughton protection works (Barunga West Council, $30,000 towards a $49,800 project)
- Fencing Thompson Beach (Adelaide Plains Council, $75,000 towards a $126,100 project)