Event South Australia's Regional Events and Festivals Program and Community Events Development Fund provides support to regional tourism events that are deemed to attract significant attendance from intrastate, interstate and overseas.
Funds have closed for the 2018/19 financial year.
Next round is expected to open February 2019.
To be eligible, projects must:
- increase event-specific visitor expenditure
- contribute to a balanced event calendar
- generate media coverage in the state and nationally
- support the state's strategic plan and economic priorities
- relate to the state's tourism initiatives as highlighted in the SA Tourism Plan and the SA Tourism Commission Corporate Plan
- be strategically important to their tourism region and able to align with the relevant Destination Action Plan and/or regional brand
- be financially viable with a sustainable management model
- contribute to the cultural and social fabric of the state
This program is very competitive so not all applications will be successful.
The program does not support trade and industry events, agricultural shows, or New Year's Eve/Christmas events.
The Regional Events and Festivals Program provides financial support towards marketing and PR for events (no maximum amount set).
The Community Events Development Fund supports new, smaller or community-based events seeking to increase their tourism relevance (maximum $5,000 available).
For more information visit: http://tourism.sa.gov.au/events-and-industry/events-south-australia/event-funding-and-support