Frequently Asked Questions

Select any question to reveal its answer. If you have further questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

I’d like to contact Fraser about an issue - what matters can he assist with?

Our electorate office deals with a wide range of issues and matters that fall under the responsibility of the State Government. Portfolios include roads, hospitals, schools, tourism, local government and planning, primary industries, social housing, environment, regional development and police. Priority will always be given to assisting residents who reside within our electorate of Narungga. You can contact our office by calling (08) 8832 2455, emailing [email protected] or visiting in person at 37 Graves Street Kadina.

What can’t we help with?

Any matters to do with Centrelink, immigration, Department of Veterans Affairs, My Aged Care, My Health Record, NDIS, Medicare, Australian Tax Office or child support come under Federal jurisdiction and we are unable to assist in these instances.

We advise you to contact the Federal Member for Grey Rowan Ramsey at his 43 Taylor Street Kadina office for assistance. Ph: (08) 8821 4366.

Do you have a Justice of the Peace?

No. However we do have a list of local JPs and their contact details.

Do you provide printing free of charge for community organisations?

Yes, Fraser does assist community groups print their newsletters, as is budget allows.

Contact our office on 08 8832 2455 or email [email protected] to discuss your requirements with our team.

Do you have information about available grants?

We provide information on available grants and funding opportunities on our Grants page - please call for additional information or to discuss Fraser providing a letter of support to accompany any grant applications your organisation lodges.

Contact our office, in writing, explaining your project or grant submission, with as much information and notice as possible. If Fraser supports the project, he will send you an official letter of support.

How do I get a congratulatory letter or telegram for a birthday or wedding anniversary?

Celebrating a big occasion? Congratulatory wedding anniversary messages can be provided for 50th, 60th, 65th and 70th anniversaries.

Birthday congratulations can be provided for 90th, 95th, 100th, 105th and 110th birthdays.

To apply, visit this link

The Office of External Relations process messages to be sent by the Premier of SA, as well as advising offices of the Governor-General, the Governor, Prime Minister, Federal and State Leaders of the Opposition, and Federal and State Members of Parliaments.

Applications should be sent no less than 2 months and no more than 6 months prior to the date of the birthday or anniversary.

I’ve received a bill or fine that I think is unfair - what can I do?

The first priority is to contact the provider or relevant body to explain your situation and explore all possible avenues to appealing or reducing the bill or fine

If you are still not satisfied, contact the ombudsman in that industry.

I’d like to invite Fraser to my event - how do I do this?

We welcome all invitations for Fraser to attend events, openings or formal occasions. However, this will be at the discretion of the Parliament sitting calendar and available time. All requests should be submitted to [email protected], preferably with as much notice as possible.

Can I get an Australian or South Australian flag?

You can contact our office for a South Australian flag or Federal MP Rowan Ramsey’s office for Australian or Torres Strait Islander flags.

How do I enrol to vote?

It is compulsory for all eligible Australian citizens over the age of 18 to enrol to vote in State and Federal elections. To enrol to vote or update your details, complete the online form at

For more information, contact the Australian Electoral Commission on 13 23 26 or the Electoral Commission of South Australia at or 1300 655 232.

How do I apply for PATS?

The Patient Assistance Transport Scheme (PATS) is a subsidy program funded by the State Government. Through PATS, subsidies are provided to assist South Australians who are required to travel more than 100 km each way to access necessary and approved medical specialist services that are not available locally.

Application forms are available from referring local doctors or at

The PATS process may take up to six weeks to be processed.

For more information, contact the PATS team on 1300 341 684 or email [email protected]

How can I make a complaint about a council decision?

Complaints against a council may arise from a decision made by the council or an action they have taken. They may include complaints about services provided or conduct of council employees or council members.

The first step in any such complaint is to contact your council office or your local council member to discuss the issue and attempt to resolve it, and to advise them you wish to make a formal complaint.

If you are not satisfied with the outcome you can ask the council for an internal review under s 270 of the Local Government Act 1999. This request must be made in writing. Councils must make available their policy and procedures for conducting an internal review.

If the complaint has not been resolved through an internal review, you can contact the South Australian Ombudsman:

The Ombudsman has the power to investigate complaints against local government agencies. They also conduct reviews of freedom of information decisions made by councils. Certain council decisions can also be reviewed by the South Australian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (SACAT). Visit

How can I object to a property valuation?

For information on how to object to property valuations see this link

What are other complaint authorities available to me?


Television, radio, the internet, anti-spam

Australian Communications and Media Authority

Banking and finance

Credit, finance, loans, deposits and payments, investments, financial advice, companies, financial markets and financial services

Australian Financial Complaints Authority

Australian Securities and Investments Commission

Centrelink and child support

Family, children, child support, payments, Job Keeper, pension, New Start allowance, Health Care Card, disability support

Commonwealth Ombudsman

National Disability Insurance Scheme

Commonwealth Government agencies

Australian Defence Force, Australian Federal Police, Commonwealth Freedom of Information, immigration, Australia Post

Commonwealth Ombudsman

Employment and jobs

Employment issues, private companies, workplace laws, Job Keeper

Fair Work Ombudsman

Commonwealth Ombudsman

Education and training

South Australian Catholic schools, non-government schools, independent schools, vocational education and training, private education and training providers, apprenticeships and traineeships, internal education, higher education and adult community education, overseas student issues

Association of Independent Schools of South Australia

Catholic Education South Australia

Commonwealth Ombudsman

Training Advocate

Goods and services

Private businesses, tradespeople, scammers, scams, dating, romance, personal information, buying and selling, fake charities, investments, unexpected money, fair-trading, licences, births, deaths and marriages, security licences, liquor licences

Consumer and Business Services / Commissioner for Consumer Affairs

Scam Watch

Health and aged care

Aged care, disability services, doctors, health services, hospitals, medical treatment, mental health services, residential facilities, rest homes, Medicare, Health Care card

Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission

Health and Community Services Complaints Commissioner

Commonwealth Ombudsman

National Disability Insurance Scheme


Private rental property, private tenancy, real estate agent, landlord

Consumer and Business Services / Commissioner for Consumer Affairs

South Australian Civil and Administrative Tribunal

Human rights

Age discrimination, disability discrimination, employment status discrimination, equal opportunities, family and marital status discrimination, political opinion discrimination, race discrimination, racial harassment, religious and ethical belief discrimination, sex and gender discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual orientation discrimination

Equal Opportunity Commissioner

Australian Human Rights Commission


Insurance, insurance advice, policies

Australian Financial Complaints Authority


Judiciary, judges, lawyers, legal aid, legal help

Judicial Conduct Commissioner

Legal Profession Conduct Commissioner

Legal Services Commission


Broadcasting, newspapers, television, the internet, radio, mobile phone content

Australian Communications and Media Authority


Police misconduct

Office for Public Integrity


Personal information, privacy breaches, data breaches

Australian Information Commissioner

Tax and superannuation

Superannuation, financial advice, investments, tax, taxation administration, Australian Tax Office, Tax Practitioners Board

Australian Financial Complaints Authority

Australian Securities and Investments Commission

Inspector-General of Taxation & Taxation Ombudsman