Nominations for the 2024 South Australian Volunteer Awards will open between Monday 15 January and Sunday 10 March 2024.
These awards recognise the invaluable work that volunteers, volunteer managers, community organisations and businesses contribute to the South Australian community, culminating in a presentation event hosted by Volunteering SA & NT on 22 May 2024.
Nominations can be made in the following categories:
- The Joy Noble Medal -- South Australia's highest distinction for an individual volunteer, open to all individual volunteers across the State
- The Andamooka Community Project Award -- awarded to a community or group of volunteers that has undertaken a community project resulting in significant community benefit
- The Excellence in Volunteer Management Award - recognises the dedication and commitment of individuals who support and facilitate the engagement of volunteers
- The Premier's Award for Corporate Social Responsibility - recognises the strong contribution the business sector makes to our communities through philanthropy, partnerships or releasing employees for volunteer service
- The Young Volunteer Award - introduced for the first time in 2023, to celebrate the achievements and contribution of young volunteers aged 12-25 years.
Any member of the public can nominate eligible recipients for these awards and self-nominations are accepted. Award guidelines and the online nomination form will be available from 15 January 2024 at www.vsant.org.au